2 yummy winter smoothies with goji berries
Lime Goji Berry Smoothie
I had never thrown goji berries in to my smoothie before, but now it seems like a great idea! I loved this Lime Goji Berry Smoothie and will be sure to do so again. Below is the recipe from Super Food Living with full instructions on how you can make your own at home using fresh produce items that are available right now during our harvest season (which ends soon!).
There’s nothing more refreshing to me than a light, fruity goji berry smoothie. I crave them year round (even in the dead of winter!) and they are one of my favorite quick ways get tons upon nutrients without having anything heavy or complicated for breakfast like eggs! While sometimes it feels like you can never have too many options when making your own food choices at home, there is one ingredient that has really caught onto me lately... Gojis berries!
Goji berries are a fantastic superfood, loaded with antioxidants (one of the richest sources in the world!), vitamin C and amino acids. The list goes on for what these little fruits can do! They have a slightly tangy but sweet taste that pairs well against everything from chocolate cake to watermelon--I mean why not? This recipe is no different as it combines them alongside strawberries+banana showcasing their unique flavor while also giving way beautifully thanks lime juice which really brings out both flavors at once
- ½ banana
- ¼ cup dried goji berries
- ¼ cup strawberries, diced and frozen
- ½ lime, juiced
- ½ cup almond milk
- ice, as needed
- Throw all ingredients into a high speed blender
- Blend on high until smooth.
- Add ice as needed!
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, vegan, soy-free, paleo
Raspberry Goji Berry Smoothie
The raspberry goji berry smoothie is a delicious way to start your day. It's full of nutrient-dense ingredients that will keep you feeling energized and ready for anything!
for 1 serving
- ⅓ cup ice(50 g)
- 1 cup frozen raspberry(125 g)
- 1 medium banana
- 1 tablespoon goji berry powder
- 1 fresh ginger, 1/2 inch (1.25 cm), peeled and chopped
- 3 tablespoons hemp seeds, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup non dairy milk(240 mL), of choice
- 1 tablespoon goji berries, for garnish
- Combine the ice, raspberries, banana, goji berry powder, ginger, hemp seeds, and nondairy milk in a high-powered blender. Blend on high speed for 1 minute, until completely smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into a glass and top with goji berries and hemp seeds.