GOJI BERRY ENERGY BALLS
No-Bake Vegan Vanilla Goji Berry Balls with Cocoa Nibs are a simple, healthy snack that's easy to make! Just four ingredients? You bet your sweet tasting health is in this recipe.
- dietary needs – vegan, gluten-free, oil-free, no added sugar
- healthy snacking – these make the perfect homemade healthy snack or dessert option
- travel well – pack them up to-go, perfect for road trips, work, school, camping and hiking
- quick and easy – you’ll need just 4 ingredients and a few minutes of prep time
- goji berries – look for dried goji berries, they’re readily available online or in well-stocked grocery stores and natural food stores
- cacao nibs – instead of chocolate chips or dark chocolate, this recipe calls for the real thing: raw cacao nibs. If you prefer something sweeter, you can use chopped dark chocolate or your favourite dairy-free chocolate chips instead of cacao.
- dates – use any kind of date to make these, just make sure they’re fairly soft. If your dates are very dry, soak them in hot water for 10 minutes and drain well before using in the recipe
- cashews – use plain, raw cashews with no added oil or salt, the cashews can be subbed with almonds
STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS
Step 1: Now that you have the ingredients, it's time for a step one. Add them all together in your food processor and mix into an easy-to spread dough with some pressure from hands or rolling pin!
Step 2: Use your hands to roll out each ball until it is about 1/4 inch thick and large enough for one of your favorite cupcakes or muffin tops!
NOTES AND TIPS
Make sure to use soft, moist dates for this recipe. If they're overly dry and hard instead of sticky when you bite into them; soak pitted ones in hot water then drain well before using - it will help bring out their flavor!
Store your finished bites in a sealed container for up to two weeks or freeze them and they'll last even longer!